NEW CITROËN DISPATCH TO MAKE WORLD PREMIERE AT CV SHOW
The New Citroën Dispatch is set to become the ideal partner for UK professionals, with enhanced practicality, comfort and safety stemming from new design features, architecture and technologies.
The global public reveal of the New Citroën Dispatch will take place at 9.15am on the Citroën stand (Stand No. D40/Hall 5) at the CV Show in Birmingham on Tuesday 26 April. There are a limited number of interview opportunities with Citroën and PSA Group executives on 26 April. Please contact the Citroën Press Office to check availability and to book an appointment.
Citroën is to launch a new generation of the ever popular Dispatch LCV, featuring new technologies, design features and architecture, as well as functions that are new to the segment. The New Citroën Dispatch is the first vehicle of its type to offer hands-free sliding side doors and a head-up display, as well as numerous other technologies that make working lives easier and safer.
Designed with a wide range of professionals in mind (including tradespeople, construction workers, local authority employees and delivery and service professionals), the new vehicle will be available in van, Combi and Crew Vanversions, as well as being specified in three lengths (XS: 4.60m, M: 4.95m and XL: 5.30m).
Further to the hands-free sliding doors and the colour head-up display, new features include Driver Attention Alert, Active Safety Brake, Citroën Connect Nav and Mirror Link systems, and a wide range of optional extras to suit every professional’s unique needs.
Launched in 1995, the original Citroën Dispatch sold 600,000 units. New Dispatch joins the Nemo, Berlingo and Relay as part of Citroën’s broad modern range of LCVs.
The New Citroën Dispatch features:
- A flowing and modern design with characterful styling.
- An efficient, adaptable architecture that delivers greater functionality, practicality and user-friendly features. Based on the EMP2 modular platform, it offers up to 1,400kg of payload capacity, 6.6m3 of load volume and can tow up to 2,500kg.
- Three lengths, including an all-new version at just 4.60m as well as the core market 4.95m and 5.30m versions. As with the two longer lengths (M and XL), the XS version also has a payload of up to 1,400kg and, in Combi form, can transport up to nine people.
- A height of just 1.90m for the XS and M versions, making for easy underground car park access, which is unusual in the segment and a rarity amongst competitor vehicles.
- Unrivalled modularity in the segment with the Moduwork feature. The side passenger seat can be lifted to provide extra space with a flat floor and a large flap in the bulkhead, offering a useful length of up to 4m.
- Hands-free sliding side doors. New to the segment, these automated doors make loading and unloading easier when the driver's hands are full.
- A welcoming interior, a high-set driving position and a host of storage compartments for improved physical and mental well-being. Comfort is heightened through top-flight acoustic treatment and an optimised ride.
- Technologies that make life easier including Park Assist 180°, colour head-up display and Citroën Connect Nav with voice-operated connected 3D navigation and a touchscreen. The New Dispatch's adjustable writing panel and tablet, and smartphone compatibility turn it into a real mobile office.
- Enhanced safety through technology including adaptive cruise control and speed limiter, road sign recognition, Driver Attention Alert and Active Safety Brake.
- Best-in-class fuel consumption and CO2 emissions (BlueHDi 115 S&S 6-speed manual: 55.4mpg and 133g/km ofCO2) and controlled running costs thanks to latest-generation 1.6-litre and 2-litre diesel engines ranging from 95hp (210Nm) with a manual gearbox to 180hp (400Nm) with an EAT6 automatic gearbox.
The New Citroën Dispatch possesses flowing, aggression-free styling that conveys a sense of assurance and robustness.
The front end consists of a short, horizontally-styled bonnet underscored by broad, high-set headlights, denoting a commanding view of the road.
The brand signature is positioned as part of the grille, extending from both sides of the chevrons to the insides of the headlights. The front features a broad reassuring bumper with built-in black air intakes, emphasising the robust styling of the new model.
The styling can be further enhanced with a Look Pack. This option includes body-coloured front and rear bumpers, door handles, door mirrors and side mouldings, plus a front light signature with vertical LED daytime running lights and fog lamps.
From the side, with its wide sliding side doors, the New Dispatch promises a capacious interior and suggests the broad range of conversion possibilities available.
EFFICIENT NEW MODULAR PLATFORM
The New Citroën Dispatch is built on a latest-generation modular platform (based the EMP2 platform), which has been designed specifically for the new model. The platform has a reinforced structure with special new front and rear axles. It supports a payload of up to 1,400kg and can tow up to 2.5 tonnes.
The modular design is reflected in two wheelbaselengths (2.93m and 3.28m) as well as two rear overhangs (0.80m and 1.15m). These can be combined into three lengths: XS at 4.60m (a segment first) with the short wheelbase and M at 4.95m, and XL at 5.30m with the long wheelbase.
The new platform presents the possibility of compact exterior dimensions, while boasting load volumes of up to 6.6m3.
That same compact design applies to the height of the New Dispatch. At just 1.90m, it is ideal for all situations and locations, including underground car parks in city centres and shopping centres.
A COMPLETE RANGE
The New Dispatch is available in a wide range of configurations, including:
Vans: available in three lengths, the vans mainly target professionals requiring large load volumes (up to 6.6m3). With three trim levels they can be adapted to suit every need.
Combis: available in three lengths, the Combi model from the XS version upwards can accommodate as many as nine people. These versions address the transport needs of organisations to move people, such as local authorities, who require the maximum number of seats and volume.
PRACTICALITY FOR ALL USES
The New Citroën Dispatch is the ideal partner for professionals looking for a work tool that makes their everyday lives easier. Ingenious, modern and functional, the New Citroën Dispatch features:
Moduwork: the modular design of the front passenger seat, a special bulkhead and a flat floor extends the maximum load length of the New Dispatch by 1.16m. Furthermore the cabin can truly function as a mobile office, with the central arm rest lowering to provide a pivoting table with an elastic and adhesive strip to keep objects in place (such as PCs or tablets). In addition, special holders for smartphones and tablets are available as accessories.
Hands-free sliding side doors: the hands-free function allows drivers to open the side doors contact free, the only such function in the segment. With a simple movement of the foot under the corner of the rear bumper, the vehicle unlocks and the sliding side door on the relevant side opens automatically. The same movement serves to lock the door or the vehicle.
250° opening doors: available as an option on the XL version (5.30m), they do not infringe on pavement space when parking kerb-side and also make moving around the vehicle easier.
Ply-lining kits: consistent with the needs and activities of many professionals, the New Dispatch vans are available with two types of lining: plywood and coated wood (anti-skid and protected by aluminium deflector strips that are waterproof and easy to wash). Several combinations of kits are available for protecting the load area and the trim on all of the sides as well as the wheel arches.
A range of towing hooks: including an exisiting distribution box and the ability to tow trailers of up to 2.5 tonnes.
Numerous storage compartments: the front of the cabin is home to a lower glove box with a jack, 12V socket and USB socket, a large storage space under the passenger seat is ideal for shoes or constructionhelmets. Cup holders are specified on both sides of the dashboard. Acentral upper storage area and two door bins large enough for 1.5-litre bottles of water are also featured.
CLASSIC CITROËN COMFORT FOR PROFESSIONALS
The New Citroën Dispatch interior is influenced by both the comfort of modern cars and the practical demands of contemporary professional life.
The slightly raised dashboard inspires a feeling of reassurance and, combined with the high-set and relaxing driving position, delivers a commanding view of the road. The dashboard was designed so that drivers have everything at their fingertips and in their line of sight, including the instrument cluster, the 7-inch touchscreen, heating controls, storage areas and the buttons for the motorised sliding side doors.
The seats are upholstered in robust materials for top-level comfort. The New Dispatch is available with several types of upholstery depending on the version, including a cloth trim with a graphic design (Mica), and a half-polyurethane coated fabric/half-cloth option (Silica).
The van and Crew Van versions of New Dispatch are equipped with non-removable load stops (compliant with European ISO 27956 regulations on load safety and passenger protection in the event of load slippage). As an option, it is also available with an alternative to conventional bulkheads, the ‘Comfort’ bulkhead. This new feature ensures the safety of occupants and also brings them extra comfort through the use of foam, providing more thermal protection and soundproofing than regular bulkheads. In addition, the Comfort bulkhead has a light cloth trim and a polycarbonate window that allows more light into the cabin. For extra physical well-being, the bulkhead increases the reclining angle of the driver's seat by 8.5° and rearward seat travel by 40mm (depending on the seat setting) compared with a conventional bulkhead.
Optimal ride comfort
No matter what the road surface is like, the New Citroën Dispatch boasts impressive ride comfort thanks to its running gear, which provides ultra-precise steering while retaining excellent damping. The New Dispatch is equipped with a reinforced Pseudo MacPherson front axle with an anti-roll bar and a new oblique-wishbone rear axle, making it possible to support a payload of 1,400kg.
In addition, for maximum comfort, loaded or unloaded, the springs feature variable stiffness and the shock absorbers are load-sensitive. This ‘passive’ system adjusts springing and damping to vehicle use.
Together, the two axles deliver a perfect combination of road holding and ride comfort, loaded or unloaded, while offering top-flight driving pleasure considerably superior to the segment norm.
TECHNOLOGIES THAT MAKE LIFE EASIER
Easy, relaxed driving
In addition to the useful everyday functions such as keyless entry and start, and hands-free sliding side doors, the New Citroën Dispatch features the following technologies that make driving easier:
- A new 7-inch tablet for controlling all the media, telephone and navigation functions, featuring a touchscreen for effortless, fingertip precision.
- The Mirror Screen function, enabling the driver to enjoy their smartphone apps on the 7-inch tablet in complete safety. The function is compatible with Apple CarPlayTM and MirrorLink® technology.
- Citroën Connect Nav. The new-generation 3D system is controlled via voice recognition or the 7-inch touchscreen and comes with connected services such as TomTom Traffic, featuring service-station and carpark locating and pricing functions, weather information, and a local point-of-interest search function. Users will also appreciate the danger zones feature, informing them with visuals and sounds of accident black spots and danger areas. Citroën Connect Nav is also compatible with the Mirror Screen function.
- Head-up display, allowing drivers to consult essential driving information (actual and recommended speed, cruise control/speed limiter setting, navigation instructions, and collision risk alerts) on a transparent panel in their direct line of vision while keeping their eyes on the road. This is a first for a vehicle in this segment.
- Smart Beam function, a system that switches between high and low beams depending on traffic conditions, based on the detection or non-detection of other vehicles. The system activates at night at speeds of over 15mph and deactivates under 9mph.
- Park Assist 180°. The rear camera sends animage to the 7-inch touchscreen covering the area behind the vehicle with a 180° seen-from-above angle. When the vehicle nears an obstacle, the system zooms in on the area behind to provide a more precise display of the remaining distance. A conventional reversing camera is also available, as are front and rear parkingsensors.
- Grip Control, an upgraded anti-skid system that optimises wheel grip consistent with the road surface. Grip Control can be combined with the All Road Pack (bigger payload, 20mm higher suspension, protective plate under the engine) enhancing the traction of New Dispatch on rough terrain, including construction sites, tracks and dirt roads.
Technologies for safety
The New Dispatch is packed with technologies to provide a safe and relaxed driving experience. It is equipped with:
- A speed limiter with road sign recognitionand recommendations.This all-new system works using a camera in the upper part of the windscreen and supplements the data from the navigation system. When the camera detects a speed limit sign, drivers can touch a button to accept a speed recommendation and use it as a basis for their cruise control/speed limiter settings.
- Active Safety Brake, which serves to apply vehicle brakingon behalf of the driver based on information from the multi-function camera in the upper part of the windscreen, in the following cases:
- 0 to 18mph: preventing collisions with moving or stationary obstacles or pedestrians.
- Above 18mph: reducing speed before impact.
- The ultrasonic blind spot monitoring system informs drivers if a vehicle is present in their blind spot via an orange light in the door mirror. Comprising offour sensors located in the front and rear bumpers, the system is active above7mph.
- AdaptiveCruiseControl, which enables the vehicletoadapt to the speed of the car in front. It is able to reduce the vehicle speed to 12mph working purely on the basis of acceleration.The system is particularly well adapted to heavy,but moving traffic.
- Collision Alert. This system informs drivers of situations of imminent collision risk so that they can react. A sound and visual alert activates just before the activation of the automatic braking.The system activates at two thresholds:
- Critical level 1: orange alert informing drivers that they are too close to the vehicle in front.
- Critical level 2: red alert informing drivers that they must brake.
- Lane Departure WarningSystem (LDWS), which alerts drivers when the vehicle crosses a white line with the indicator off. The system detects the involuntary crossing of road lines (continuous or dotted) and alerts the driver with a sound signal and a visual display on the instrument cluster.
- Driver Attention Alert. This system monitors the behaviour of the driver via the multi-function camera, located on the upper part of the windscreen, while recording the frequency of involuntary lane movements. If the driver’s vigilance reduces, they are alerted by a sound and visual signal.
The New Citroën Dispatch is available with six powertrains, with all models featuring diesel engines from the BlueHDi family. This new generation of engines, launched by Citroën in late 2013, considerably cuts nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions while reducing CO2 emissions thanks to an innovative exhaust system comprising:
- An oxidation catalyst located at the engine exit to eliminate the hydrocarbons (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) produced by combustion.
- A Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) module, positioned ahead of the particulate filter to transform, via the injection of Adblue®* (a water/urea mix), up to 90% of nitrogen oxide (NOx) into water vapour (H2O) and nitrogen (N2).
- A particulate filter, launched in a world first by PSA Peugeot Citroën in 2000, to eliminate 99.9% of particulates.
The innovative and unique exhaust line architecture is structured by a precise layout of technologies. The SCR module positioned ahead of the particulate filter is the only post-treatment system capable of reducing NOx emissions by up to 90% while cutting CO2 emissions by up to 4%.
The diesel engines powering the New Citroën Dispatch deliver the following combined cycle fuel consumption and CO2 emissions (XS length)**:
- BlueHDi 95 manual (70kW): 51.4mpg and 144g/km of CO2
- BlueHDi 95 S&S ETG6 (70kW): 54.3mpg and 135g/km of CO2
- BlueHDi 115 S&S 6-speed manual (85kW): 55.4mpg and 133g/km of CO2
- BlueHDi 120 6-speed manual (90kW): 51.4mpg and 144g/km of CO2
- BlueHDi 150 S&S 6-speed manual (110kW): 53.3mpg and 139g/km of CO2
- BlueHDi 180 S&S EAT6 (130kW): 48.7mpg and 151g/km of CO2
*Adblue® is stored in a 22.4-litre tank, an amount providing a range of 9,320 miles. The tank is filled easily via an exterior filling flap, which is located in the middle door pillar and is concealed when the driver’s door is closed.
** Non-country specific figures – UK figures may vary.
Controlled running costs
The new variant of the EMP2 platform benefits from all of that platform's advantages, enabling the integration of BlueHDi diesel engines. These latest-generation engines, combined with an aerodynamic vehicle body and controlled mass (100kg to 300kg lighter than other vehicles in the segment with the same power), deliver the lowest fuel consumption and CO2 emissions in the segment.
In addition to optimised fuel consumption, the engines help to reduce running costs, with a servicing interval of 25,000miles or two years*.
* BlueHDi 180 S&S EAT6: 18,600 or two years.
Like its predecessor, the New Dispatch can be converted by our partner coachbuilders in line with the desired use of the vehicle. From the start of the project, the design team worked to ensure the New Dispatch was compatible with the conversions required by UK operators.
FILMS AND PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
ANDREW DIDLICK 02476 884309 email@example.com
JOHN HANDCOCK 02476 884548 firstname.lastname@example.org
KATIE READ 02476 884570 email@example.com
MICHAEL ARNOLD 02476 884580 firstname.lastname@example.org
CRAIG MORROW 02476 884261 email@example.com
The Citroën brand:
Citroën harnesses creative flair and technology to enhance well-being. Since 1919 Citroën has made a major contribution to putting cars within reach of the general public, providing practical and purposeful answers to the questions arising in each era. Citroën cars today place a premium on design, comfort and useful technology. With 10,000 customer contact points and presence in over 90 countries, Citroën sold 1.2 million vehicles worldwide in 2015. The brand has also amassed eight manufacturers’ titles in the WRC and two Manufacturers’ FIA World Championship titles from the 2014 and 2015 WTCC seasons.