INTRODUCING NEW CITROËN C4 PICASSO & GRAND C4 PICASSO: DESIGNED WITH STYLE & COMFORT IN MIND
The Citroën C4 Picasso range enters a new era this summer, with even more dynamism, distinction and comfort on offer. Boasting a new front end, a two-tone body and roof option and even more personalisation possibilities, travelling in the New C4 Picasso promises to be a unique and pleasurable experience. New C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso now feature new intuitive technologies including a Hands-Free Tailgate, a new connectivity offering with Citroën Connect Nav and two new petrol engines: PureTech 130 S&S EAT6 in C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso and PureTech 110 S&S 6-speed manual in the five-seat version.
Since its launch in 2013, the second-generation Citroën C4 Picasso range has proved immensely successful, appealing to over 300,000 customers worldwide.
New C4 Picasso is a modern and innovative MPV designed with all of Citroën’s know-how and creativity. Its strong and expressive styling makes it distinctive, with dynamic lines and unique front and rear light signatures. The design combines a compact exterior with class-leading interior space. The cabin offers a light-filled ambience to enhance the feeling of quality and well-being.
That feeling is further underpinned by balanced on-road performance. The EMP2 platform offers a perfect blend of irreproachable road holding and classic Citroën comfort for all passengers. New C4 Picasso spearheads the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, which is at the forefront of each new vehicle design and aims to enhance the comfort of each and every current Citroën vehicle.
The second-generation Citroën C4 Picasso already offered technologies designed for well-being. Innovations such as Vision 360, park assist and adaptive cruise control always served to create a relaxed and easy drive.
The 2016 New Citroën C4 Picasso builds on these innovations with:
Boasting a new front end, new standard specification 3D-effect rear lights and new 17-inch alloy wheels, both versions have flowing and modern lines to deliver personality and dynamism. A two-tone roof is available on the C4 Picasso five-seat and there is a new Silver coloured roof bar option for Grand C4 Picasso, as well as three new body colours.
WELL-BEING FOR ALL
Space, modular design and superior on-road performance are further strengthened by;
- Four interior design styles and five upholstery choices, which allow the cabin to be adapted to individual lifestyles.
- A new 3D Citroën Connect Nav system, which is combined with an updated 7-inch touchscreen. This new system also enhances the functionality of the 12-inch HD screen on the upper part of the dashboard.
- The Hands-Free Tailgate, which allows the driver to open the boot with a simple movement of their foot at the rear of the vehicle.
- Technologies to simplify driving and improve safety, such as Speed Limit Sign Recognition and Recommendation, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop Function, Active Lane Departure Warning, Active Safety Brake, Driver Attention Alert and Active Blind Spot Monitoring.
- With the introduction of the PureTech 130 S&S EAT6 and the PureTech 110 S&S 6-speed manual, the broad range of Euro 6 PureTech and BlueHDi engines is extended, enhancing customer choice in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.
“For us, New Citroën C4 Picasso is a showcase of our finest know-how. In addition to its unique, modern and dynamic styling, it offers an incomparable level of comfort. With its architecture and the EMP2 platform, it brings motorists spaciousness, modularity and on-road qualities that enhance the well-being of all passengers. Today we are equipping it with a set of new useful technologies that simplify everyday life and improve safety. New C4 Picasso has everything it takes to be a leader in the European market,” says Linda Jackson, CEO of Citroën.
BODY DESIGN AND STYLING
New Citroën C4 Picasso boasts an immediately recognisable body shape, with a more unique and dynamic appearance in 2016.
New C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso now feature:
- A new, more dynamic front end, which is shared by both models for the first time. Conveying a sense of power and robustness, the new models keep the three-tiered light signature at the front, which is synonymous with Citroën’s contemporary design language. Based on the Grand C4 Picasso’s styling, the chevrons at the front extend to fully encircle the daytime running lights with chrome trim. The grille, which is separated into two parts by the body-coloured bumper, has been updated and now sports a glossy black registration plate mount and a second air intake.
- New 3D-effect rear lights, which are specified as standard. The top trim levels retain their current 3D LED signature.
- New rear chevrons, finished in gloss black with a chrome surround, which gives a more modern look to the cars at the rear.
- A black two-tone roof (C4 Picasso five-seat only), which is available as an option with the entire range of body colours. This option adds new personalisation possibilities to enhance the car’s styling and comes with gloss black wing mirrors.
- New silver roof bars (Grand C4 Picasso only) that perfectly complements the elegance of the body design.
- New Mamba 17-inch diamond-finish alloy wheels (on the C4 Picasso five-seat only) and new finishes on the current range of wheels across the C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso ranges.
The New Citroën C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso are available with a new body colour palette:
- Lazuli Blue (new) – shown in the New C4 Picasso five-seat images with this press release.
- Soft Sand (new) – shown in the New Grand C4 Picasso images with this press release.
- Cumulus Grey (new)
- Polar White
- Ruby Red
- Shark Grey
- Onyx Black
New interior design schemes
To offer each customer a cabin design that reflects their lifestyle, New Citroën C4 Picasso is available with four fully distinct interior design schemes. The standard design scheme for the lead-in models remain unchanged, the other three are new;
- ‘Wild Blue’ Ambience: Intended for younger customers with active and sporty lifestyles, this version promotes the idea of space and relaxation. It features a fold-flat front passenger seat, massaging front seats, Levanzo Blue cloth upholstery, chrome air vents on the dashboard and chrome door sills.
- ‘Dune Beige’ Ambience: For customers who place a premium on well-being and comfort. The Relax Pack, which is included, offers extra-support headrest at the front of the car and a front passenger seat with an electric powered leg rest. The Dune Beige design scheme comprises Yatago Grey cloth, special protective mats and an ambient fragrance dispenser. It is also available with two-tone black and amber full Nappa Leather upholstery.
- ‘Hype Grey’ Ambience: Which is designed to deliver a modern ‘business class’ experience. With elegant Slate Grey half-leather upholstery, this ambience comes complete with rear sunblinds and LED reading lights.
A BENCHMARK FOR COMFORT
The New C4 Picasso range offers a combination of comfort and aglity, with an extensive range of onboard equipment.
- New Citroën C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso feature:
- Unrivalled suspension comfort, with a striking balance between driving pleasure and road holding.
- Cocoon-like acoustic and vibration comfort inside the cabin.
- Intelligent traction control, for improved traction on low-grip surfaces.
- A practical and spacious interior. Designed with a compact exterior (L : 4.44m / W: 1.83m / H: 1.61m), the New Citroën C4 Picasso five-seat version combines spaciousness and a user-friendly modular design. The Citroën Grand C4 Picasso offers a lengthened silhouette (L : 4.60m/ W : 1.83m/ H : 1.63m). The fold-flat front passenger seat increases load length to over 2.5m. In row two, the three independent seats are all the same width. They can fold down flat, recline for more comfort, slide back and forth for extra boot space or leg room of up to 159mm, to make this Grand C4 Picasso model among the best in its class for space and functionality. Row three has two seats that fold into the boot floor, along with dedicated air vents on the top trim level.
- Impressive boot volume, which is another strong point for both models. The New C4 Picasso five-seat offers excellent accessibility to a large loading area measuring 537-litres. This extends up to 630-litres with row two in its forward-most position (the figures are an even more impressive 645-litres and 704-litres for the New Grand C4 Picasso). Both versions offer the Hands-Free Tailgate function that allows users to easily open the boot when their hands are full, thanks to a sensor located under the rear bumper. They simply move their foot to open or close the tailgate.
- A light, airy cabin. In addition to the standard panoramic windscreen, the optional panoramic glass sunroof offers even more light and exceptional visibility to all passengers. The best-in-class overall glazed area of up to 5.30m2 allows the maximum amount of light into the cabin and delivers an amazing sense of space and openness.
- Restful and customisable ambient lighting. New Citroën C4 Picasso is available with fully customisable ambient lighting throughout the cabin.
- Numerous and ingenious storage compartments. New Citroën C4 Picasso has numerous storage areas, including a lit compartment in the centre of the lower dashboard and a removable modular console between the driver and passenger seats on versions equipped with an automatic gearbox.
- Comfortable seats, allowing all New C4 Picasso’s passengers to travel in first-class style. The new models are available with optional heated front seats or the Relax Pack, which includes wraparound extra-support headrests and massaging front seats.
- Soft and warm materials. New Citroën C4 Picasso is equipped with a specially treated dashboard and soft-touch door panels, together with an extended line-up of premium cloth and leather trims.
CITROËN ADVANCED COMFORT®
With the 2016 Citroën C4 Picasso range, Citroën has paid meticulous attention to the occupants’ physical and mental well-being, as illustrated by the spacious cabin, the comfort of the seats and the interior design schemes.
The Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme is based on four key pillars:
1. Filter out external noise and vibrations, so that Citroën passengers feel like they are in a cocoon, with a specific focus on suspension, seating and acoustic comfort.
2. Make car travel easier, with a well-designed and practical interior, ingenious storage spaces and easily accessible controls.
3. Make vehicle use more seamless through intuitive technology and useful driving aids, and by ensuring continuity between the customer’s digital world and their car.
4. Lighten the mental load of the driver and everyone onboard, displaying only truly useful information and by working on the light in the cabin and the use of materials.
Intelligent driving aids
Since their launch, C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso have boasted useful everyday functionality such as keyless entry and start, hill-start assist, Xenon directional headlamps, automatic dipping headlights, tyre-pressure monitoring, the Vision 360 system, park assist and a reversing camera.
For an even safer and more relaxed drive, new intelligent driving aids make their debut on the 2016 New C4 Picasso:
- COFFEE BREAK ALERT:Standard on all New C4 Picasso models, this system alerts the driver when they should take a break via a sound alert and a ‘cup of coffee’ display on the dashboard.
- SPEED LIMIT SIGN RECOGNITION AND RECOMMENDATION: This system recognises speed limit signs and conveys the information to the driver via the instrument cluster. The speed limit in question can be recorded as a setting for the cruise control/speed limiter system.
- DRIVER ATTENTION ALERT: This system generates an alert when it detects involuntary lane movement with a ‘stay vigilant’ visual message display, together with a sound alert.
- ACTIVE LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM: This system helps to combat driver fatigue or a simple moment of inattention at the wheel at speeds of over 40mph. Using a camera located on the upper part of the windscreen to identify lane markings, the system corrects the course of the vehicle and alerts the driver if it detects the risk of an involuntary lane movement without the indicator being activated. If the driver wants to pursue their original course, they can block the correction by maintaining a firm hold on the steering wheel.
- ACTIVE BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYSTEM: This system displays a visual warning in the door mirrors if it detects a car in the driver’s blind spots. If the Lane Departure Warning System is activated, and the driver commits to turning regardless of the warning, a load is applied to the wheel to help avoid a collision.
- ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WITH STOP FUNCTION (on BlueHDi 150 S&S EAT6 only): Using a radar sensor, this system detects the car ahead and automatically maintains a safe distance that is pre-set by the driver. This operates until the vehicle comes to a halt by working the brakes and the accelerator. It allows speeds to be set from 18mph up to motorway speeds.
- ACTIVE SAFETY BRAKE: This is an emergency braking system that serves to avoid low-speed collisions. A camera in the upper part of the windscreen detects obstacles, such as vehicles driving slowly in the same direction or at a halt. It works from 3mph and the driver is warned wherever an impact situation is detected. If he or she fails to react, the system brakes automatically.
- COLLISION RISK ALERT: From speeds of 18mph, this system warns the driver that their car is at risk of colliding with the vehicle in front.
Connected services on the New C4 Picasso have also been further developed:
- Citroën Connect Radio: The new-generation 7-inch touchscreen allows quicker use of all controls and is within easy reach of the driver and the front passenger. This includes the 6-speaker radio with AM, FM and DAB, and the USB-connected Mirror Screen function, which is a connectivity solution compatible with Apple CarPlay™ and MirrorLink®. The driver can enjoy all their multimedia content or easily control their smartphones and compatible apps on the touchscreen.
- Citroën Connect Nav: This new 3D, touch-operated and real-time connected navigation system enables users to zoom in with two fingers on the screen and has been upgraded to make route guidance easier through improved mapping. The system informs the driver of speed limits for main roads and motorways. For simplicity and safety, voice recognition is now available for interaction with the navigation, telephone and media functions. The system allows the driver to access text messages and emails, and to send quick messages from the car. Launched previously on the New Citroën SpaceTourer, these new connected services also allow access to real-time traffic information and TomTom alternative route suggestions, the display of local weather forecasts, the display of car parks and petrol service stations with prices and local point-of-interest searches via the Internet.
NEW PURETECH 130 S&S EAT6
New Citroën C4 Picasso is available with a range of petrol and diesel engines, providing top-level driving pleasure and economy.
The C4 Picasso is a benchmark for fuel consumption and CO2 emissions for petrol and diesel models with the best-in-class PureTech and BlueHDi engines below:
- C4 Picasso PureTech 130 S&S 6-speed manual –115g/km of CO2
- C4 Picasso BlueHDi 120 S&S 6-speed manual – 99g/km
- C4 Picasso BlueHDi 120 S&S EAT6 –102g/km
- C4 Picasso BlueHDi 150 S&S 6-speed manual –107g/km.
In 2016, the range is being extended with two new powertrains. The PureTech 130 S&S EAT6 in worthy of particular note as it combines the PureTech 130 S&S engine with the latest generation EAT6 automatic gearbox for the even greater driving pleasure.
With fuel consumption for both the five and seven-seat models limited to 55.4mpg (combined cycle) and CO2 emissions of 115g/km, the new PureTech 130 S&S turbocharged 3-cylinder petrol engine, plus the full auto EAT6 transmission, is conclusive proof that downsizing can serve to enhance performance and driving sensations.
Equipped with direct high-pressure injection and a new-generation high-yield turbo, it offers a remarkable driving experience right from the lowest engine speeds with maximum torque of 230Nm coming in at 1,750rpm. It also boasts the best-possible compromise between low-speed torque and power on the market, with 95% of torque available from 1,500rpm through to 3,500rpm, making it an exceptional performer in all circumstances.
Designed in France and produced at the Vigo plant in Spain, the New Citroën C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso will go ‘on sale’ in the UK on 1 September 2016. Order books will open in June.
FILMS AND PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
|ANDREW DIDLICK||02476 email@example.com|
|JOHN HANDCOCK||02476 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|KATIE READ||02476 email@example.com|
|MICHAEL ARNOLD||02476 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CRAIG MORROW||02476 email@example.com|
FOLLOW CITROËN ON TWITTER AT: www.twitter.com/citroenuk
FIND CITROËN ON FACEBOOK AT: www.facebook.com/citroenuk
FOLLOW CITROËN ON INSTAGRAM AT: www.instagram.com/citroenuk
The Citroën brand
Citroën is an international automotive brand with a core full-line range. A purveyor of optimism since 1919, the Brand stands apart through its creativity and boldness – values that it places at the service of its customers by devising fresh solutions to the challenges arising in each new era. Citroën today is reinventing itself with models placing a premium on design, comfort and technological intelligence and with a seamless and transparent customer experience, as illustrated by its online opinion site, Citroën Advisor. With 10,000 points of sale and after-sales in over 90 countries, Citroën sold nearly 1.2 million vehicles in 2015. The Brand has also amassed eight Constructors’ titles in the WRC and won its second consecutive Constructors’ title in the FIA WTCC in 2015.