INSPIRED BY JEAN-CHARLES DE CASTELBAJAC: INTRODUCING THE NEW CITROËN C1 JCC+ SPECIAL EDITION
- Following the colourful E-Méhari Art Car in May 2018 and the Citroën C3 JCC+ in September 2018, it is now time for Citroën’s C1 to lend its lines to Jean-Charles de Castelbajac's imagination.
- Citroën is pleased to continue its collaboration with the famous French designer, who has linked fashion and lifestyle to enhance the look of the C1 city car. Jean-Charles de Castelbajac has created a high-end aesthetic, full of contrasts, which boasts his distinctive and colourful signature touches – subtly presented on the front doors, tailgate, C-pillars and on the special interior trim. The cheeky look of this new Citroën C1 special edition will certainly stand out in town.
- The special 5-door edition, named C1 JCC+, boasts comfort-orientated equipment such as automatic air conditioning and automatic illumination of headlights, and style elements including a contrasting black roof, matt black wheel arch extensions and specially embroidered trim. The car also offers five driving assistance systems that are particularly useful in an urban environment, including a rear view camera.
- New C1 JCC+ comes with Citroën’s VTi 72 S&S manual drivetrain, utilising a powerful and efficient Euro 6.3 petrol engine. It is available to order in the UK from today (Wednesday 27 May), starting at just £14,135 MRRP OTR. First deliveries are expected in July.
C1 JCC+ AT THE CUTTING EDGE OF STYLE
This third creative meeting of minds between Citroën and Jean-Charles de Castelbajac has given rise to yet another hugely attractive special edition. The energetic, sparkling and uninhibited personality of C1 JCC+ is ideal for those who want to get around town in a car with plenty of character. Automotive, fashion and art link up in the form of the new C1 JCC+ special edition – meaning the refined C1 city car range is enhanced with colourful and graphic lines for everyone’s viewing pleasure.
New Citroën C1 JCC+ boasts a stylish elegance, using the primary colours that Jean-Charles de Castelbajac loves so much: Red for passion, Blue for hope, Yellow for radiance. A fashion conscious signature for an extra touch of freshness and modernity in the city.
Both inside and outside, the designer's touch is visible in his careful use of colour, providing the car with a unique character.
The unique style of Citroën C1 JCC+ is visible in:
- The contrasting black roof, which perfectly complements the various body colours available.
- The dark-tinted windows.
- The matt black wheel arch extenders.
- The ‘Planet’ 15-inch black alloy wheels.
- Five body colours – Lipizzan White, Gallium Grey, Carlinite Grey, Caldera Black and Scarlet Red (the standard specification colour).
And of course Jean-Charles de Castelbajac's signature touches:
- Red on the door mirrors.
- Blue on the wheel centre caps (also on the special trim of the seats).
- Yellow on the C-pillar graphics.
The sparkling personalisation by Jean-Charles de Castelbajac is also present with:
- The "JCC x chevrons" monogram on the front doors.
- The initials "JCC+" on the rear tailgate.
The "JCC+” logo is embroidered on the front seats and the “JCC x chevrons” motif is used on the floor mats.
A specific Colour Pack enhances the cabin with:
- A Scarlet Red dashboard.
- White trim around the air vents.
- Glossy black trim for the touchscreen and gear lever.
C1 JCC+ A WELL-EQUIPPED HAUTE COUTURE EDITION
The 5-door C1 JCC+ special edition is the perfect blend of style and modernity. Thanks to the standard equipment available on the top specification Flair trim level – on which it is based – C1 JCC+ is a great new addition to the city car segment.
Standard equipment on C1 JCC+ (based on Flair trim):
- EXCLUSIVELY on C1 JCC+ : Automatic air conditioning
- Audio system.
- EXCLUSIVELY on C1 JCC+ : Automatic illumination of headlights
- Electric and heated door mirrors.
- Electric Pack: Front electric windows and central locking with PLIP.
- Height adjustable driver’s seat.
- Dark-tinted windows.
- Chrome-plated interior door handles.
Useful technologies for a stress-free driving experience:
- 7-inch touchscreen: Intuitive technology.
- Mirror Screen: Extended connectivity, thanks to Android Auto and Apple CarplayTM.
- Speed limiter.
- Hill Start Assist.
- Rear view camera with image displayed on the touchscreen.
C1 JCC+ ELEGANT AND AGILE
Particularly agile, with its 4.80m turning circle, Citroën C1 JCC+ measures just 3.46m in length and offers compact overall dimensions for manoeuvrability in urban areas. Thanks to its reduced footprint and low weight, the 3-cylinder VTi 72 petrol engine offers first-class performance and an entertaining driving experience. It is also offers efficiency and thrifty fuel economy, which is the result of the engine’s compliance with the latest Euro 6 emissions standard.
New Citroën C1 JCC+ VTi 72 S&S manual 5-door is available to order now, priced from £14,135 MRRP OTR.
FILMS AND PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT:
Login (case sensitive): RevealC1JCC+
Password (case sensitive): CitroenC1JCC+20
YouTube link: https://youtu.be/eW4lLPt_9l4
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
JOHN HANDCOCK, HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS
SIMON BROOME, PR MANAGER
EMMA GAFFNEY, MEDIA RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
CRAIG MORROW, PRESS FLEET MANAGER
JEREMY TOWNSEND, COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
FOLLOW CITROËN ON TWITTER AT: www.twitter.com/citroenuk
FIND CITROËN ON FACEBOOK AT: www.facebook.com/citroenuk
FOLLOW CITROËN ON INSTAGRAM AT: www.instagram.com/citroenuk
The Citroën Brand
At the heart of the automotive market, Citroën has asserted itself since 1919 as a popular brand in the true sense of the word, making people and their lifestyles its first source of inspiration. This spirit is underlined by the ‘Inspired by You’ brand signature and is embodied by cars combining unique design and benchmark comfort. Within the sector of mainstream brands, Citroën also stands out with a unique customer experience (Citroën Advisor, ‘La Maison Citroën’, etc.). In 2019, the Citroën sold one million vehicles in over 90 countries.
The Citroën Brand in the UK
The UK is the 4th largest market for Citroën globally, with 80,000 vehicles sold in 2019. Based in Coventry, Citroën UK’s range of hatchbacks includes C1 (city car), C3 (supermini) and C4 Cactus (compact family car). The UK SUV line-up consists of C3 Aircross (compact SUV) and C5 Aircross (mid-size SUV). The UK MPV range features Berlingo (5 or 7-seats), Grand C4 SpaceTourer (7-seats) and SpaceTourer (up to 9-seats). Citroën UK’s Light Commercial Vehicle offering covers all sectors of the market with Berlingo Van, Dispatch and Relay. Citroën has a clearly defined electrification strategy with all models across the range offering an electrified version by 2025. In the UK, 2020 sees the launch of New C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid (PHEV), plus the introduction of Dispatch and Relay battery electric vehicles (BEV).
Citroën UK media site: https://uk-media.citroen.com/ - @CitroenUK