COMFORT AND WELL-BEING TAKEN TO A NEW LEVEL WITH THE LAUNCH OF CITROËN ‘CAR YOGA’
With long summer drives on the way, Citroën has teamed up with the internationally renowned Yoga teacher, Michael James Wong, to launch Citroën ‘Car Yoga’, which features five unique ‘Car Yoga’ poses. Inspired by the New Citroën C3 and the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme to promote relaxed and stress-free driving, each pose has been designed to enhance the well-being of Yoga-practising drivers and passengers alike.
Citroën has partnered with global yogi and founder of BOYS OF YOGA, Michael James Wong, to create a unique new series of ‘Car Yoga’ poses to help Yoga-practising drivers and passengers unwind, and re-energise before driving, during rest periods and at their final destination.
Inspired by New Citroën C3’s focus on occupant comfort and well-being, the ‘Car Yoga’ poses encourage drivers to switch off their engines and find their inner calm with in-car meditation techniques utilising some of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® features on-board.
With the summer holidays fast approaching and many Brits expected to pack up their cars for a staycation, ‘Car Yoga’ will help ensure a relaxing drive – whether that’s with the ‘Hands Up, Back and Forward’ move to warm up and engage the shoulders, or the ‘6 Point Turn’ Yoga pose to loosen the spine ready to drive.
For those wishing to stretch their legs, drivers can open their car door and loosen tight hamstrings with ‘The Ham Sandwich’ while resting against the soft Airbump® panels on the sides of the car. Alternatively, the ‘The Rest Stop’ pose will help to re-energise the body after a long period of driving, or after being stuck in traffic which can heighten stress levels.
During rest breaks, or upon reaching the final destination, there’s also the ‘Driver Warrior’ pose. Standing with both legs firmly grounded, you need to place your hands on the boot sill before extending each leg behind in turn. This pose will relax your legs after a long drive.
New C3 delivers new levels of advanced comfort and personality to the sector, with 36 different colour combinations to suit all personalities. The large panoramic sunroof and comfortable seats also promote well-being and emphasise a feeling of reassurance, comfort and calm.
Moving inside, a 7-inch touchscreen groups together all of the key vehicle functions on the central console. ConnectedCAM Citroën™ allows the driver and front passenger to share their road-trip photos and videos directly with friends and family.
To learn Citroën’s ‘Car Yoga’ poses watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJMquSfZvM
For more information on New Citroën C3 visit www.citroen.co.uk
Citroën ‘Car Yoga’ – Instructions
Before attempting ‘Car Yoga’:
- You must currently practise Yoga, do not attempt otherwise
- Ensure your car is parked safely in a suitable location
- Check your surroundings are safe and clear
- Hands Up, Back and Forward
- Reach up and place your hands flat on the roof, press firmly into the ceiling lengthening the sides of your body in turn
- Reach back and hug yourself, hold the outside edges of the seat, right over left, then left over right
- Pull the chest forward, pull the chest back
- Reach forward and grab the steering wheel, extending the arms and drawing the chest back
- Move the chest forward on the inhale in a slight upward arch while drawing the shoulders down
- Move the chest back on the exhale, arching the back against the seat creating a gentle curve in the spine
- Repeat three times
- Hands Up, Back and Forward is designed to stretch, warm and engage the shoulders, chest and spine ready to drive
- 6 Point Turn
- Start in a seated upright position and roll the spine down and forward curling the head toward the steering wheel
- Then roll up to a seated position moving the eyes to the roof of the car arching the spine gently
- Coming back to the neutral position, sit tall and take a twist to the right rotating the upper spine 90 degrees
- Coming back through neutral again, rotate left to balance the pose
- Finally, from an upright seat, place your hands on the steering wheel and bend to the right moving the head towards the door, and then back through centre before bending to the opposite side
- Finish the exercise in the neutral position
- 6 Point Turn is designed to warm up all six points of spinal movement: Front, back, left, right, twist L and twist R
- The Ham Sandwich
- Exit the car and stand facing the side of the car
- Move into a forward fold with bent knees
- Move closer to the car until your upper back is touching the side
- Keep the knees bent and then lean more into the door feeling the stretch in the back of the hamstrings
- The Ham Sandwich will lengthen and deepen the hamstring stretch
- The Rest Stop
- Roll out your Yoga mat with the nearest edge as close to the side of the car as possible
- Lie down on your back with your bottom at the edge of your mat closest to the car
- Lift your legs up the side and straighten your legs against the side of the full length of the car door
- Stretch your arms out wide
- Relax, breathe and stay for 3-5 minutes
- The Rest Stop will help to rest, re-circulate and re-energise the body
- Driver Warrior
- Exit the car and open the car boot
- Start with both legs grounded, facing towards the car
- Extend your body forward and place your hands evenly on the boot sill
- Ensure you are standing far enough away to extend one leg backwards parallel to the road and hold for 30 seconds
- Alternate legs, making sure you maintain a steady pose and balance
- Driver Warrior will reactivate your legs after a long drive
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
ANDREW DIDLICK 07836 362859 firstname.lastname@example.org
JOHN HANDCOCK 07810 180249 email@example.com
KATIE READ 07834 500267 firstname.lastname@example.org
MICHAEL ARNOLD 07831 829410 email@example.com
CRAIG MORROW 07747 764745 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citroën brand:
Citroën is an international automotive brand with a full range of cars and light commercial vehicles. Founded in 1919, Citroën has made its mark through its bold and creative approach to automotive design. These values are harnessed in the pursuit of well-being, with fresh solutions to the changing demands of customers in each era. Today, Citroën is reinventing itself with models such as New C3 and C4 Cactus that place an emphasis on design, comfort and intelligent technology, bringing a breath of fresh air to the automotive landscape. As a people-minded brand, Citroën is proud to offer a smooth and transparent customer experience, as illustrated by the online review site Citroën Advisor. With 10,000 customer contact points in more than 80 countries worldwide, Citroën sold more than 1.1 million vehicles in 2016. Citroën has also amassed eight Manufacturers’ titles in the FIA World Rally Championship and three consecutive Manufacturers’ titles in the World Touring Car Championship in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
BOYS OF YOGA:
A Los Angeles native, now based in London, Michael James Wong is an Inspirational Speaker, Meditator, Author, Global Yogi & Wellness Warrior who is recognised around the world as a leading voice in the global wellness movement for Yoga, meditation & modern mindfulness. Michael travels the world speaking, teaching & advocating the benefits of a mindful way of living through Yoga, meditation & modern mindfulness. Michael’s relationship with wellness spans over the past 15 years practicing & has been lucky enough to learn from some of the most inspiring teachers, spiritual leaders & global influencers around the world.
Founder & vision behind BOYS OF YOGA, JUST BREATHE LONDON & SUNDAY SCHOOL YOGA, Michael is a man on a mission to break down barriers, stereotype and bring the global wellness community together in a calmer & quieter conversation. BOYS OF YOGA is an awareness project which launched in early 2015 and has a simple objective, to create more accessibility and de-stigmatize Yoga for men all over the world.